Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iPad not support adobe flash player

Why does the Ipad not support Adobe Flash Player ?

iPad, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 10:08 AM

Look to your right under "More Like This" and tap on one of those links and keep doing the same until you've read enough.

10 replies

Feb 17, 2013 10:09 AM in response to Doris59

No Flash for iPads, iPhones, or iPods

Here's why there's is no Flash available for iDevices or other mobile devices. Adobe was unable to provide a product that was suitable to the needs of battery powered mobile devices used for Internet browsing. Existing Flash technology used too much memory, ate battery life, and was buggy. Simply put Flash did not work well on mobile devices.

Apple's Steve Jobs led the escape from Flash dependency when Apple introduced the iPhone, and later introduced the iPad. There was a hue and cry over the omission. Time proved Jobs was right on target.

So this is why there is no Flash for your iPhone or iPad or iPod nor for most SmartPhones. Flash has been abandoned by many sites in favor of supported technologies such as HTML5 or by providing their own custom app.

Here is Steve Jobs official comment on his momentous decision to omit Flash from iDevices: Steve Jobs on Flash.

Here is Adobe's later announcement to cease development of Flash for mobile devices: Adobe on Mobile Flash. Adobe is not providing Flash for Apple iOS devices, and they no longer provide Flash for any other cellular phones. Flash is officially gone.

Now, you are not necessarily out on a limb. There are some apps that can display some Flash, but don't count on there ability to display anything using Flash.

A sample of Apps that can display some Flash content:

1. Puffin

2. SkyFire

3. Photon Flash

4. Browse2Go

5. Swifter

Also, note that many sites that use Flash provide their own app for accessing their material. So check with your favorite sites and find out if "there's an app for that."

Feb 20, 2013 2:21 PM in response to Kappy

Kappy wrote:

Adobe is not providing Flash for Apple iOS devices, and they no longer provide Flash for any other cellular phones. Flash is officially gone.

I just downloaded it on my sons Galaxy S3 straight from the Adobe website and it worked fine.

Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.47)

It's not on the market anymore, but it's still downloadable from Adobe's website and works just fine even on jelly Bean.

Here's an image sequence showing me downloading, installing and using Adobe Flash from Adobe's website on my brand new Galaxy Note 2 running Jelly Bean.

http://www.truimagz.com/host/truimagz/public%20forums/flash.jpg

Feb 20, 2013 3:24 PM in response to Kappy

You've been talking about the "future" since 2007, I'm sorry but I'm glad for the past 6 years I've been using something that actually works with the "current".

Maybe one day when this "future" becomes the "current" I'll care. But for now I'm not trying to fill a dresser with limited devices that I'll never even use again by the time their limitations are no longer limiting.

You know cars will probably fly one day, but I could care less if in 10 Years my new car doesn't need to drive on roads anymore, it sure comes in handy today. Just like flash does on mobile.

Why does iPad not support adobe flash player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.