Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xante Excel-a-Writer 3G Printer

I have a MAC G5 and cannot connect my Xante Excel-a-Writer 3 G printer to the Ethernet Port. It works fine on my G3 MAC but will not work on the G5 even though I downloaded a new driver from Xante for the 10.4.6 OS. Xante technicians and Apple technicians cannot seem to make it work. Anyone having a similiar problem? How do you do it?

G-5 Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on May 15, 2006 9:36 AM

4 replies

May 18, 2006 6:46 AM in response to DWR33

Tech Support people are the lowest-paid and least-trained in the computer business - don't always count on their answers!
Did he give you any other info? It's true Xante drivers aren't built-in on OS X. Did you tell him you downloaded and installed an OS X driver? Since it's a postscript printer, I'm nearly 100% certain it will work (even I could be mistaken, and I don't have that printer to experiment with). I have downloaded the manual and that tells me it will work.

Did you try setting the manual IP address and setting up in Printer Setup Utility or in Print & Fax prefs?

Xante Excel-a-Writer 3G Printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.