Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule Questions

Hello,

I am using a MacBookpro/Mountain Lion 10.8.2

I have two Time Capsule questions.

1. My Time Capsule backs up automatically every hour. Is there a way to change this so it only backs up maybe once per day or once per week?

2. What is the difference between the Time Capsule and the Time Machine?

Thank you!

Mac Pro

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 10:55 AM

1. Time Machine makes hourly backups by default. You can use a third-party app as TimeMachineEditor to change the behaviour.

2. The Time Capsule is an Apple router that includes a HDD to make Time Machine backups or store whatever you want, and Time Machine is a Mac OS X feature included in Mac OS X Leopard that allows you to make backups of your HDD onto external disks

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2013 10:55 AM in response to tinkerbelle2012

1. Time Machine makes hourly backups by default. You can use a third-party app as TimeMachineEditor to change the behaviour.

2. The Time Capsule is an Apple router that includes a HDD to make Time Machine backups or store whatever you want, and Time Machine is a Mac OS X feature included in Mac OS X Leopard that allows you to make backups of your HDD onto external disks

Time Capsule Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.