Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Guest network doen't have internet access

I have the 2nd gen AirPort Express, and today I just set up a guest network for, well, my guests. However, this network does not connect to the internet. Why is that? I used the AirPort Utility app for iOS to set up the guest network. Did I do anything wrong?

I have tried every single device at my house, and non of them can connect to internet via the guest network.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 12:58 PM

The Guest Network will not be be able to connect to the Internet unless your AirPort Express is configured to act as the "main" router on the network....not as a "bridge".

We need to check some settings, to see how your AirPort Express is configured.

If you are using AirPort Utility 6.x, open the application and click on the AirPort Express icon, then click Edit

Click the Network tab at the top of the next next window and check the setting for Router Mode.

Report on your findings.

If you are using the older AirPort Utility 5.x, open the application and click on the AirPort Express, then click Manual Seup

Click the Internet icon, then click the Internet Connection tab

What is the setting for Connection Sharing that you see there?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2013 12:58 PM in response to jerryroundel

The Guest Network will not be be able to connect to the Internet unless your AirPort Express is configured to act as the "main" router on the network....not as a "bridge".

We need to check some settings, to see how your AirPort Express is configured.

If you are using AirPort Utility 6.x, open the application and click on the AirPort Express icon, then click Edit

Click the Network tab at the top of the next next window and check the setting for Router Mode.

Report on your findings.

If you are using the older AirPort Utility 5.x, open the application and click on the AirPort Express, then click Manual Seup

Click the Internet icon, then click the Internet Connection tab

What is the setting for Connection Sharing that you see there?

Feb 18, 2013 12:31 AM in response to Bob Timmons

I have a Double NAT error since my ISP added a router in front of my Airport. I never had problems with it, as long as both operate in a different IP range.

You can tell the Airport to ignore this error with the Airport Utility. Open it and go were it shows the status. Double clicking it gives a dialog with all active errors. In the checkboxes for each error you can tell the airport to ignore that type of errors, and the light on the airport turns to green again. That way it is easier to detect a new error when the light turns amber again.

Guest network doen't have internet access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.