Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Another squeaky spacebar!

So I was writing on my brand new macbook air '11 (lovely machine!) and then it happened! Squeaky squeak!

I know that there are dozens of threads about spacebar squeaking but I have different questions.

1) Will the squeaky sound ever stop without help? Does anyone have this experience? It is much easier for me to wait couple of days, weeks...

2) I am living in Czech Republic, so there is no Genius Bar and I am pretty scared that regular support here is pretty bad and I am rather scared of getting my mac destroyed by those dirty hands of people who dont even know what they are repairing. Any experiences with such a basic repairs from regular/bad apple store(s)?

+ I heard that 2012 models are much harder to self-repair because of some kind of different keyboards or something 🙂

I am especially looking for answers on #1. Please dont write stuff like: "Go to Genius Bar, they will fix it."

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 12:23 PM

2 replies

Feb 17, 2013 12:46 PM in response to rojvol

+ additional details: I did not buy my Mac at apple store hence there could be complications with warranty. (again Czech Republic -> third world.) and I am rather afraid of getting new mac (as a replacement), because I really do not want to spend another x hours by adjusting everything to fit my needs 🙂

Another squeaky spacebar!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.