Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've been struggling with Go Daddy crappy web builder software, I want to go back to iWeb, i like the simplicity of it, since Apple does not support iWeb any more is this a good move? current users?

I've been struggling with Go Daddy crappy web builder software, I want to go back to iWeb, i like the simplicity of it, since Apple does not support iWeb any more is this a good move? current users?

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 2:12 PM

iWeb works OK on Lion, and its latest version works OK on Mountain Lion: but I have to say that starting projects now in iWeb may be a rather short-term idea - sooner or later a system update is going to break it, and you will then either stuck on the system you're on at the time (assuming you found out about it in time) or you'll have to find an alternative program and start all over again. I would advise going for something else which is being properly supported. If you search in this forum you will find numerous suggestions - everyone has their favourite, which everyone else will dislike and suggest something else, but at least you'll get some ideas.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2013 2:12 PM in response to cdogg

iWeb works OK on Lion, and its latest version works OK on Mountain Lion: but I have to say that starting projects now in iWeb may be a rather short-term idea - sooner or later a system update is going to break it, and you will then either stuck on the system you're on at the time (assuming you found out about it in time) or you'll have to find an alternative program and start all over again. I would advise going for something else which is being properly supported. If you search in this forum you will find numerous suggestions - everyone has their favourite, which everyone else will dislike and suggest something else, but at least you'll get some ideas.

Feb 22, 2013 12:54 AM in response to cdogg

If you are looking for something different and eassy to use, then take a look at http://www.webaceppella.fr. This may just give EasyWeb a run for its money and is very easy to use and you are not tied into any hosting either. Has all the things that many of us wished that iWeb had built into it, such as contact forms, buttons and drop down naviation menus and google maps. You can also create template pages, without the need to keep copying and pasting between pages - so create what you want on your template page, such as header, navigation and footer and then you can apply it to all your other pages with the click of a button.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.