Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook states potential Virus on Computer

Good evening Ladies and Gents,

no biggie of explenation, just look at the screenshot i took

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

Interesting: the link goes to the Apple support page and is actually no direct solution for this problem.
From a normal users point of view: I would just klick "done virus check" and continue surfing however 1. that doesnt solve the problem 2nd. lets look at it from a lega perspective:

Facebook requires me to agree that I ran "THE antivirus software" (which one is "the"? they dont mention any specific solution)
I just ran avast that couldnt find anything but then again I do not want to accept any terms and conditions that are very unclear 😉

any of you had similar problems of facebook? Could it be avast oversaw something?
Cheers

Flo

PS. I am not paranoid haha

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), MB Pro mid 2009, 2.53Ghz, 4GB DDR3

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 2:47 PM

5 replies

Feb 18, 2013 6:07 AM in response to Flozzie

It sounds like there have been a lot of similar reports, but note that what you describe sounds like a normal Facebook security response. Of course, it would be wise not to download software from any of the links on those pages, but nonetheless, all that has probably happened is that your account got hacked and was used to send Facebook spam. There may simply have been a large-scale attack that compromised many accounts in a short period of time.

For more on getting your account unlocked, see:

Facebook isn’t letting me log in and is telling me I have a virus!

Facebook states potential Virus on Computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.