Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 wont charge normally (only when turned off) and it wont connect to pc :(

My iPhone 4 won't charge for me unless its turned of, and it wont connect to a computer, I have done a hard reset and restored it, still nothing. I bought it from a friend who lives in NewYork I live in Ireland. He only bought it in August. Any help would be great 🙂

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 3:42 PM

Found out my problem... This is exactly what happened to me

No it's not like this, let me tell you what did happen. The iPhone will charge only when I plug it to the wall charger and then shut it down!!! This is the only way to charge it. Also it won't connect to the iTunes with no computer at all. The problem started whaen I tryed to charge it with my car charger. So please is there any way to fix it. Thanks a lot.

• Liked ( 1)

• Then it is likely a hardware problem, possibly caused by the car charger you tried. Especially if you started the car while the phone was plugged in; starting sends a huge surge through the electrical system. You can try inspecting the connector on the bottom of the phone for dirt or damage, but if there isn't any you have had a hardware failure in the phone.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2013 3:42 PM in response to Sallylal18

Found out my problem... This is exactly what happened to me

No it's not like this, let me tell you what did happen. The iPhone will charge only when I plug it to the wall charger and then shut it down!!! This is the only way to charge it. Also it won't connect to the iTunes with no computer at all. The problem started whaen I tryed to charge it with my car charger. So please is there any way to fix it. Thanks a lot.

• Liked ( 1)

• Then it is likely a hardware problem, possibly caused by the car charger you tried. Especially if you started the car while the phone was plugged in; starting sends a huge surge through the electrical system. You can try inspecting the connector on the bottom of the phone for dirt or damage, but if there isn't any you have had a hardware failure in the phone.

My iphone 4 wont charge normally (only when turned off) and it wont connect to pc :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.