Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot view or upload AVCHD files that were renamed on SD card.

I have noticed that I cannot import, nor view, my AVCHD media from my SD card if the file renamed (in the card) on a PC. It will just give me an error or not load at all. The file shows up as Private with a QuickTime Logo. I do not have this problem on files that were never renamed. Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 3:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2013 6:15 AM in response to spadenti

Hello spadenti,

Does any other AVCHD file able to be played on that PC? If not, then that would point that AVCHD codec is missing on the PC and therefore the file is not able to be played. Please take a look below to know how can you install such missing codec.

QuickTime Codecs Installation on Windows

In case all other files are playable then your files might got corrupted when renaming them. I would suggest to get back on your iMac and copy them into a different location (USB disk, etc.). Also you can check whether the files are repairable from your PC using MP4repair.org

Regards,

--Javier

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.

Cannot view or upload AVCHD files that were renamed on SD card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.