Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configurator Newbie Questions

Hello,

I have been recently tasked with deploying 20 iPads and with the idea we want to create a standard corporate image for the iPads.

All 20 iPads need the same ~15 apps or so installed. Some are free and some are purchased.

As a side note I have the VPP purchased apps but not enough licenses at present for the deployment.

1. I have to download the app from iTunes so then I can choose the .ipa file for Configurator to add to the "image" but what if it is a paid app? Do I need to pay for it to get the .ipa file? What will happen if I load the software onto other iPads using configurator? And now I have 20 iPads with the same paid for app?
  2. For th IT folks out there do you create your own IT department iTunes account to load software on your company's iPads? Any pitfalls that you can warn me of?
  3. Once my base image is installed can I transfer this to another IT person so that they can use this image as well?

Thanks for your time!

Regards,

Terry

iPad, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 8:29 PM

There are no replies.

Configurator Newbie Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.