Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have a Mac Mini ( no Disk Drive ) Can I Still Use Boot Camp ?

Hi, I have a ma mini... but i have came to a conclusion that I have no disk drive... so can i still use bootcamp ? I was wondering because all of the tutorials I watch, they tell me to insert my disk into the disk drive.

-Thanks for The Help

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 9:16 PM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2013 9:33 PM in response to CuSith

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

If you have a Mac mini without a built-in SuperDrive, you have two ways to install Windows on your Mac using Boot Camp:

- If you have Windows in a ISO file > open Boot Camp Assistant, tick the option to create a Windows installation USB drive and follow the steps.

- If you have Windows in a DVD > buy an external optical drive, connect it to your computer, open Boot Camp Assistant and follow the steps to install Windows.

Don't forget to download Windows support software, and install it just after finishing the Windows installation.

If you need help installing Windows, print this file > http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

If I have a Mac Mini ( no Disk Drive ) Can I Still Use Boot Camp ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.