Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reformat MacBook Air 11,6"

Hi peeps,

I'd like some help in reformating my MacBook Air 11" (2011 version, i5, OS x lion 10.7.2; if this info somehow is neccesary) as the HDD is quite full and the computer is slowing down.

I have tried through the disk utility, but it wont let me erase the data. Probably because I have partioned. However, I cant partion either as my disc is full, so I'm a bit stuck here.

Also, as I have 11" I dont have a drive, thus it didnt follow any CDs and such which could help me format.

Anyone?

Regards,

R

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 12:05 AM

1 reply

Feb 18, 2013 4:32 AM in response to r0bbbs

I assume you have the original memory stick that has the OS on it that came with the Air? If not did you create a bootable usb drive image of Lion or Mountain Lion?

The originial memory stick or USB stick install should act like a CD-ROM version of the OS allowing you to boot from it and then use the disk utility on that booted image to repartition and re-install the OS.

Reformat MacBook Air 11,6"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.