Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid activation key problem

My MBP went tango uniform and is off to Apple for service. In the mean time, I'm using my wife's MBP by booting it off my hard drive in an external enclosure. Aperture requested an activation key upon startup, and I dutifully typed in my key labeled "APERTURE 3 TRIAL UPGRADE ACTIV KEY-INT" (Part Number: D4857Z/A), which Aperture refused to accept. Any suggestions on using Aperture in the mean time?

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 5:04 AM

That's not the ativation key. What it is asking for is the serial number you got from Apple when you purchased Aperture.

9 replies

Feb 21, 2013 6:09 PM in response to Andreas Yankopolus

How did you originally purchase Aperture? The string you said you typed in in your first post show Aperture 3 Trial, did you download the trial version and then purchase an activation key? If so the activation key would have been set you you by email. Perhaps that email is still around somewhere?

There is an 800 number listed on the web page. Perhaps a call would get better response.

good luck

regards

Feb 21, 2013 6:15 PM in response to Frank Caggiano

I did use the Aperture 3 trial for a while and paid for the upgrade. I recall Apple botching the initial release of Aperture 3 where activation didn't work for several days. There was also something about the trial version not reading the existing Aperture library, so I had to export everything and then re-import it into the trial. What a mess that was.

Feb 23, 2013 7:10 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

I traded emails with a support tech at Apple yesterday, and he verified that I was typing in a valid serial number and pointed me toward the possibile remidies in TS2005. I tried them when I got home, and they unfortunately didn't work. Looks like I'll need to get a new serial number from Apple on Monday. At that point I'll have been locked out of my Aperture library for a week. Not to mention that it wasn't until I called the Apple store six days after dropping off my laptop that anyone bothered to look at it.

Invalid activation key problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.