Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Library Constantly Updating Frustration

Does anybody know why my Aperture library would "Update" itself each and every time I close out of the library? Here's an example of what's going on. Last night I was using the library and eventualy shut it down. It then went through the Update process. I let it run over night since it's huge, 500,000 plus images. I open it again this morning, do nothing on any of the photos, decide to switch to another library and when I try to switch it goes back in ot the Update process AGAIN. Even though it did the same thing last night and nothing has been changed that needs updating. With a library this large I spend countless hours not being able to use Aperture due to this Update process. Any ideas out there?

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 4:18 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2013 1:25 PM in response to Jim Bridger

Jim,

I had posted the same question on a G+ forum for aperture and had the tip to change the "Share the previews to iLive and iWork" to "Never" in the Aperture > Preferences > Web settings.

That did the trick to me at least after the second restart, which has probably something to do with soime buffering or so.

Hope it works for you to, let me know.

Regards,

Luc

Library Constantly Updating Frustration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.