Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to choose a correct in-app type?

I've read all the in-app documentation and I've tired of fighting with App Review Board, that's why I'm asking for your advice.

Please, help me to choose the right type of in-app purchase for my app and to upgrade my app to use a subscription in-app model (non-renewing subscription is also possible).

This app has an entertaiment text and photo content, which is dynamicaly updated twice a day.

I've got a free version, which has:

1. Ads
  2. Limitations (limited number of new messages)
  3. No photos

And premium-account with:

1. No ads
  2. No limitations
  3. Photo content

I want to sell this content like subscription (you can buy a premium-account for a period of time), also I've get a mechanism, that allows to use premium-account from every device you have and you can restore your purchases easily, but App Review Board writes:

The App Review Board evaluated your app and determined that the original rejection feedback is valid. Your app does not comply with:

The Purchasability Type for one or more of your In-App Purchase products was inappropriately set.

Your In-App Purchase is currently flagged as Auto-Renewable Subscription. However, it would be more appropriate to use the Non-Consumable In-App Purchase type because the product is used to unlock features of the app. Non-consumable products are only purchased once by users and are always available on all devices that are associated with that user's iTunes account.

How should I change my app to sell my content as subscription?

iPhone 4, iOS 5, developer profile, ios 5 beta 7

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 3:18 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2013 4:39 PM in response to alexey237

The App Review Board is attempting to tell you that unlocking features (such as your: '1. No ads' and '2. No limitations' features) belong to the 'Non-Consumable In-App Purchase' type.

This message is a bit dated, so you may have figured this out already. Having said that: if you would like to sell your content as a subscription, under the 'Auto-Renewable Subscription' purchase type, then only deliver new content (your photos or other forms of media) via subscription - do not unlock non-consumable features like freedom from ads.

Hope this helps! Best wishes from CO.

How to choose a correct in-app type?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.