Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will iPad 2 and iPod Touch 4G be compatible with iOS 7, and will they have Siri?

I know iOS 6 only just came out a few months back, but will iOS 7 be compatible with either of the two devices specified (iPad 2 and iPod 4G)

While I'm here, does anyone know if Apple will block certain contacts on imessage or FaceTime, I'm getting bored of texts coming in on my iPad from people I dislike

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 5:20 AM

We don't know when there will be an iOS7, nor do we know what it'll contain. I do think it's safe to guess if iOS6 didn't contain Siri for the 2 and touch 4 than 7 won't add it. Apple has never said, but current popular opinion is that those models simply lack hardware to make the software work. ANd since you can't update the hardware on an iDevice I personally think Siri is only for future devices.

As to your imessage or facetime question, maybe someone else can address that.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2013 5:20 AM in response to AppleTechQueries

We don't know when there will be an iOS7, nor do we know what it'll contain. I do think it's safe to guess if iOS6 didn't contain Siri for the 2 and touch 4 than 7 won't add it. Apple has never said, but current popular opinion is that those models simply lack hardware to make the software work. ANd since you can't update the hardware on an iDevice I personally think Siri is only for future devices.

As to your imessage or facetime question, maybe someone else can address that.

Will iPad 2 and iPod Touch 4G be compatible with iOS 7, and will they have Siri?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.