Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bad time code, trying to create new time code on dub tape

I am having trouble capturing from an HDV tape because the Time Code keeps "freezing" for a second or two and therefore I miss several seconds of footage when the capture starts up again. Unchecking the box re dropped frames and selecting warn after capture change nothing. I tried to dub tape to a second HDV tape, but the time code freezes carry over, even tho I start the record camera first. How can I get fresh time code on my 2nd tape? I have a Sony HVR Z1U. I do not have an HDV deck. When I select non-controllable device and Apple IC the footage breaks up into individual clips on every shot change. I think the solution is dubbing the original tape, but I need to know how to get good time code.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), FC 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 9:54 AM

3 replies

bad time code, trying to create new time code on dub tape

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.