Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Project MacBook Pro screen onto Samsung smart TV?

There are all kinds of connections on the back of a Samsung smart TV. Is there a way to have my MacBook Pro use the Samsung TV as the display instead of, or in addition to, the existing display on the computer?

Thanks!

-Ed

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 9:42 AM

9 replies

Feb 18, 2013 12:36 PM in response to EdwardTheGreat

Great oultine of the ports. My real problem is what process is required to convert a Samsung Smart TV 55 to the monitor from my MacBook Pro. One can't just plug in any port from either device to the equivalent on the other device and get the right effect. The interesting thing that came out of my own investigations with the process, was that the Samsung - Apple animosity probably has penetrated down to the every employee area. Windows 8 seems supported, but anything apple, or mac is virtually non-existent. Possibly a "word find" / "delete" for the entire company.

Any more ideas?

thank you

-Ed

Feb 18, 2013 12:54 PM in response to EdwardTheGreat

On Mountain Lion, an AirPlay icon appears in the menu bar whenever a suitable video output device is connected, and the device will appear as a selection. If it does not appear, then there is a communication problem between the Mac and the display device that can be difficult to diagnose.

I don't question the corporate animosity you describe but I doubt it extends to preventing AirPlay mirroring from working properly. Usually it is a matter of configuring your display device to recognize the external input. Make sure you are using a compatible adapter, if that is a factor in your application.

Use System Preferences > Displays to determine if the Mac detects the presence of an external display.

Project MacBook Pro screen onto Samsung smart TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.