Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini drive wiped. Won't accept utility disc and won't display on multiple monitors that have been tried. Power light remains on.

what the title says. First post. Sorry if it's not correct formating 🙂😕

regards,

amydst

Mac mini

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 12:53 PM

5 replies

Feb 18, 2013 1:38 PM in response to BDAqua

Hi and thanks for the Welcome. It's a 2011 Mac Mini. My husband gave me it after getting a Mac Book Pro. He thoroughly wiped the drive from it. When going to set it up for the first time I assumed that I needed to put in the OSX Snow Leopard disc as it wasn't displaying anything monitor wise. I have been unable to eject the disc since then. So I can't give you the # on it. The disc didn't change any of its behavior. Nor did trying other monitors. So I'm at a loss here as to how to proceed.

Thanks for your response and help.

Feb 18, 2013 9:21 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks again for your help. It took me awhile to find a USB KB and Mouse. However they are both older Windows ones. I'd been trying earlier with a blutooth mouse and KB with no luck. I tried your suggestions with no luck so far. There still remains no change. The power light flashed at one point when I tried booting with the alt key and then turned off, but nothing else happened that was visible.

Thank you so much for your help so far. Any additional suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Amydst

Mac Mini drive wiped. Won't accept utility disc and won't display on multiple monitors that have been tried. Power light remains on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.