Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set the range of pitch bend for the EFM-1?

Hi folks,

I have a simple patch for my EFM-1 and I want to apply a pitch bend in Mainstage. It is presently set up to go a whole step up or down when the pitch bend is pushed all the way up (or down). I probably set it up that way.....but I can't for the life of me remember how I did it, or how to change it. For this particular patch, I need the pitch bend to go an octave. Where do I set this usually easy-to-find parameter? Is there a global setting? (It seems to be set for a whole step for all patches). A setting within the EFM-1?

Thanks!

-Mike Kaplan

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.66 GHz core i7 Logic, Garageband

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 1:16 PM

4 replies

Feb 18, 2013 3:02 PM in response to Mike Kaplan

Hi

Mike Kaplan wrote:

Hi folks,

I need the pitch bend to go an octave. Where do I set this usually easy-to-find parameter? Is there a global setting? (It seems to be set for a whole step for all patches). A setting within the EFM-1?

It does not look like there is a Bend Range parameter for the EFM1???

CCT

Feb 19, 2013 4:40 AM in response to CCTM

Yeah, I think there is no such parameter for the EFM1! Surprising. I thought it should still be possible in Mainstage to do this by reassigning the pitch wheel directly to one of the oscillator parameters within the EFM1, but no luck.

Anyway, as a workaround, I made a similar sound in the ES2, which DOES have control of the pitch bend input. Luckily the sound itself was easy to recreate- I just needed a sound with 5 or 6 harmonic partials and no modulation.

How do I set the range of pitch bend for the EFM-1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.