Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any way to get pictures off a disabled iphone?

My daughter's iphone4 is disabled after too many attempts to enter her password. Before we reset it, is there any way to get pictures/videos off the phone first? The phone has never been connected to iTunes.

iPhone 4

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2017 9:32 AM

Hello

I have an iPhone 6s and unfortunately I got it disabled by entering the wrong passcode for more than 6 times. I need my pictures and videos before I reset it. unfortunately icloud never backed up my pictures and videos because I didn't sign in to neither icloud nor itunes from my phone itself. I don't know what to do ? I don't want to lose the pictures !! Can you please help .... Thank you

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2017 9:32 AM in response to Kurtosis12

Hello

I have an iPhone 6s and unfortunately I got it disabled by entering the wrong passcode for more than 6 times. I need my pictures and videos before I reset it. unfortunately icloud never backed up my pictures and videos because I didn't sign in to neither icloud nor itunes from my phone itself. I don't know what to do ? I don't want to lose the pictures !! Can you please help .... Thank you

Feb 18, 2013 2:49 PM in response to kgeer94

Luckily, the phone can be synced, backed up, or have pictures uploaded from the camera roll while it is locked.

If the photos/vidos are still on the Camera Roll, then she can connect the phone to a computer and it will appear as a digital camera, from which she can upload them.

If she has moved them into separate folders on the phone, then she will have to connect it to iTunes and let it sync to copy the photos and videos to the computer.

While she is connected to the computer, she can do a final backup before restoring it (that will also back up the Camera Roll, BTW).

Mar 20, 2017 9:30 AM in response to ejpre

Hello

Feb 18, 2013 3:38 PM in response to Kurtosis12

Kurtosis12 wrote:

ejpre wrote:

Luckily, the phone can be synced, backed up, or have pictures uploaded from the camera roll while it is locked.

iTunes will not let you access the phone if it's in a locked state. It will pop up with a message telling you, you must enter the passcode on the phone

Do you have a Mac or PC?

On a Mac anyway, iPhones and iPads are different. An iPad will lock you out as you describe, whereas an iPhone will let you sync, backup, and upload pictures without unlocking it.

I just tested it and it worked fine. Not long ago, we tested it the hard way when my son got a mild concussion, the only lasting effect of which was to make him forget his iPhone passcode (we theorize he had just reset it prior to the accident).

I don't know what happens on a PC.

Feb 18, 2013 6:11 PM in response to Kurtosis12

Kurtosis12 wrote:

I have a PC. I am able to view pictures through Explorer but when I tried a sync or backup through iTunes, it wouldn't work. It said I need to unlock the phone.

Interesting. I always thought it was weird that the iPad and the iPhone behave differently on my computer. For his sake, I hope the OP has a Mac in this case.

any way to get pictures off a disabled iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.