Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 6.1.1 update on iPhone 3GS

Just updated to 6.1.1 and now iMessage won't work. AppleCare can't figure it out... Been on the phone with 3 different AppleCare reps. and they all had me reinstall 6.1.1 which makes the phone freeze up and still does not correct the bug. Should have listend to my hubby and not installed the update!

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 3:21 PM

13 replies

Feb 20, 2013 3:47 AM in response to indifference21

indifference21 wrote:

I have nevver had a problem with battery drain and I don't know what to do . with it does IOS 6.1.2 fixes that cause It only says it fixes calendar bug

If the exchange issue is causing battery drain on the device, then fixing that will fix the battery drain.

Of course you could always try basic troubleshooting from the User's Guide which fixes the vast majority of battery drain issues that result from upgrading iOS. This (battery drain) is something that comes up after every iOS update, search the forums and you'll see for yourself.

Feb 20, 2013 3:49 AM in response to gudnieider

You also have 3gs? yesterday I updated to IOS 6.1.2 and the battery is the same and maybe even worse.

and yeah the volume on my ipod app is lower I thought I was loosing my hearing but thats the Iphone itself.

I'm really ****** off the only choice I got is to downgrade to IOS 4.1 in which I can't use any apps because they either require IOS 4.3 or IOS 5 . or I have to buy A newer model of IPhone but I'm totally fine with my 3gs and it looks like brand new its only 6 months old. Well Apple please fix that or allow me to downgrade to IOS 5 Please.

Feb 20, 2013 3:54 AM in response to diesel vdub

calendar use is via 3g yes? and I only use internet on my Iphone via wifi when I'm in home or somewhere where they have WiFi so I don't know.

when IOS 5 came out lots of people had battery problems with Iphone 3gs I actually had better battery life.

In IOS 6.0 I also had same battery life like in IOS 5 . so I dont know what they did.

PLUs what's up with that Ipod volume before when I had it halfway it way loud enough in very loud environment and now I got to put it on 3/4.

its like Iphone from US and Iphone for European market European have lower volume due to law restrictions in EU.

but mine Iphone is from US . So What the HECK?!

Feb 20, 2013 5:11 AM in response to indifference21

indifference21 wrote:

I'm really ****** off the only choice I got is to downgrade to IOS 4.1 in which I can't use any apps because they either require IOS 4.3 or IOS 5 .

Downgrading is not supported, so that's not a choice.

Again, you can try basic troubleshooting as outlined in the User's Guide, live with the issue, or continue to whine about it. Just keep in mind, per the terms of use of these forums, whining is discouraged and will likely get your comment removed by the mods.

If you want help, we're happy to help.

Feb 20, 2013 7:57 AM in response to notpleasedwithios6.1.1

My iMessage is now working again! 😁 After speaking with 5 (no kidding) different people at AppleCare and 1 trip to the Apple store, they still could not fix the problem. Fortunately, each person shared some thought provoking information during our long conversations and I was able to combine that information to try a fix on my own. Here's the fix... Went into settings, messages, send & receive. My screen displayed my phone number first and my e-mail address second, but the phone number was not highlighted and there was no checkmark beside the phone number (just a dull gray color) and I could not "click" on it. However, I could "click" on my e-mail address so I clicked on it and deleted the e-mail address. I then shut the phone off. When I turned the phone back on I went to the same place and a checkmark was beside my telephone number! I then re-entered my email address and everything is working great!

On another note, I updated from IOS 4.3.5 to IOS 6.1.1 on an unlocked 3GS. I personally think it was just too much of a jump for my phone. I did have issues for a few days such as when I sent an SMS text my phone would say that the text failed (even though the person did receive the text) and sometimes the SMS texts did not go through even though my phone thought they did. However, these issues resolved themselves with 2-3 days. Don't know why, but they did.

IOS 6.1.1 update on iPhone 3GS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.