Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

numbers question

How can i input a sequence in numbers like excel? thanks.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 4:38 PM

8 replies

Feb 18, 2013 11:38 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Hi, Wayne, anyway thanks.

I'm sorry, i didn't explain in detail, in order to select automatically, we usually input some words or iterms often used, then by the data validation, we can make a sequence, that is to say, drop down list, so we can select acording to the list and input automatically. This is easy to create in excel, but in numbers, i don't know how to achieve this.

Feb 19, 2013 5:08 AM in response to AlexanderFun

Alex,

We often take questions from users who aren't comfortable using English in the forums, or who are unfamiliar with the Numbers terminology. This is a very normal thing and we are not bothered by it. The more complete the problem statement is, the more easily we can come to understand the needs. It now seems that you are asking about a menu format. Numbers calls it a Pop-up Menu, as Ian notes. Unlike some more developed spreadsheet programs, Pop-up Menu cells must be programmed in the Cells Inspector. There is no feature to create the menu, or to edit the menu, in a table. We hope that feature will be added in a future upgrade of the Numbers application.

Jerry

numbers question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.