Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[10.7 to 10.8] Updating breaks my OS

Hello,

I have a mac book air 2011 with 10.7.5.

Yesterday I bought the update for 10.8 in the Apple Store but always the installation failed. I can't recovered my computer after the failure instalation and I need to use the time machine backup for revocer the environment.

Screen shot of the failure:

"Recovery system creation failed with error -69840 (File system check on boot helper partition failed)"

User uploaded file

Thank you 🙂

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 12:41 AM

I solved it. I have needed disable FileVault before try to install 10.8.

In other words:

1. I used the disk utility to format my partition without cypher, aka without FileVault.
  2. Restore 10.7 from the time machine backup in this partition.
  3. After that, I upgrade to 10.8.2. without any problems during the installation.
  4. In the end, I enabled FileVault.

See you...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2013 12:41 AM in response to moxilo

I solved it. I have needed disable FileVault before try to install 10.8.

In other words:

1. I used the disk utility to format my partition without cypher, aka without FileVault.
  2. Restore 10.7 from the time machine backup in this partition.
  3. After that, I upgrade to 10.8.2. without any problems during the installation.
  4. In the end, I enabled FileVault.

See you...

[10.7 to 10.8] Updating breaks my OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.