Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting Profile Manager to Run

Hello, I have my Mini server up and running and using the following services; DNS, FIle Sharing, Open Directory, and Time Machine. I would like to start using the Profile Manager. I turn it on and click on the link to open the service manager and Safari tells me it cannot access the server at server.home.name/profilemanager. I’m not the best network person in the world but here’s what I’ve done/tried so far;

I can ping “server.home.name” through the terminal so I know that much is working,

I found the Apple Article HT5302, referencing the ports used by the profile manager.

I have Verizon Fios and I went in to the Port Forwarding section and opened the ports 2195, 2196, 5223, 80/443, and 1640. As part of my debugging I tested them with http://www.canyouseeme.org and the only one that worked was 1640.

As a brief test I set the firewall on my router to minimum security. I use NO-IP and, correct me if I’m wrong, I believe everything is working correctly, or else 1640 wouldn’t work right?

Any one have a suggestion on what I am doing wrong?

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 7:37 PM

There are no replies.

Getting Profile Manager to Run

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.