Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re Print Servers

Problem with connecting TP-Link Wireless Print Server TL-WPS510U

New configuration

I bought yesterday a new wireless router, TL- MR3040 to enable me to use a 3m dongle as the dialup service is very slow here in Sri Lanka.

This I successfully configured in a few minutes, this connects to 2 iMacs, 2 mac pro, 2 Iphone’s and 2 ipad’s.

I still have a problem with the print server TL-WPS510U and sent screen shots to enable their support to see the events and to see what was the last configuration I was able to achieve which sill did not resole my problem.

I was able to go as far as entering the password which failed as admin, so I am still at a loss on how to proceed.

TP Link support have now lost interest and are noresponsive (((((((

Printer is a Epson L200 new and works when wired direct.

Can anyone please advise me as mac users in Colombo Sri Lanka are as rare as hens teeth so no support is available, mac tech geeks are non available, Mac here is a dark secret ))))))).

running 2 Imacs 2 mac pro on OS 10.8 2 ipads and 2 iphones

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 9:28 PM

7 replies

Feb 19, 2013 1:47 AM in response to john ap jones

The manual shows the default IP address is 192.168.0.10. So, assuming the wireless router is also using the same subnet (ie 192.168.0.x) and therefore your Mac is also using the 192.168.0 subnet, then you should be able to type 192.168.0.10 into your web browser to open the print servers web page. Then with the name and password you can then check that the Epson is recognised by the print server.

Feb 25, 2013 2:45 AM in response to PAHU

Hi the print server recognises the printer and is detailed correctly and states its connected.

Printer Information
ManufacturerModel NumberPrinting Language SupportedCurrent Status
EPSON L200 ESCPL2,BDC,D4,D4PXWaiting for job

I added the printer in the Systems preferences Printers and scanners which is refelcting the ip address

192.168.0.10 when I try and print the error is indicated under status. been trying to get this done for weeks .

Even spoke for two hours with tP- Link tech support whom are also stumped!

Any ideas grately appreciated.

Re Print Servers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.