Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does the Mac App Store work?!

Hey guys i recently posted this quesiton in a different area of the community but instead of being helped was just ridiculed for posting in the wrong place... +1 for helpfulness guys :/ lol Anyways... ive been told to ask in the development section.. I have a $9.99 app and it was sitting at 10th place in the top grossing apps a few weeks ago on the UK app store, now I noticed in the morning that it was ahead of an app which was 49.99 so i presumed that I must have sold at least 5 or 6 to be ahead of him (my idea of top grossing is quantity x price) but when itunesconnect released their reports in the afternoon it turned out that i'd only sold 1 copy.. so what im asking is basically how does the top grossing section work? and how regularly does it update? is it live? daily? etc

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 1:29 AM

2 replies

Feb 19, 2013 8:38 AM in response to azza1604

Your rank is better than the other app because you've made a sale while they've made none. When you make a sale, you jump in the charts, and after that you slowly go down if you don't make another sale. In other words, the bottom of the charts has many apps that didn't make any sale recently. I've also noticed that if you make some sales in other countries than the current chart, that'll very slightly improve your rank.

How does the Mac App Store work?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.