Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I not use my iPhone and iPad to connect to email using Exchange ActiveSync?

Is there a fix for this, more detail? I've also got a friend and he is having the same difficulty with his company. I'm surprised I have anot heard of this before and that there isn't more outrage in the community about this: This is what my company sent me:

A bug has been discovered with Apple devices (iPhones and iPads) that are upgraded to IOS 6.1 version and the use of Exchange ActiveSync that allows you to access your email account. If you are receiving this email, our systems show that you have upgraded your personal Apple device to v6.1 and are impacted by this issue, which may cause a corruption to our email services.

What actions should you take?

1. We will be blocking your device from reaching the Exchange-based email services to prevent corruption of enterprise-wide email services.

2. To reduce the possibility of corruption, please avoid checking your work email account from these devices. Doing so, will also cause excess battery drain as it continually attempts (and fails) to connect.

3. Contact your IT PO Coordinator to migrate to the GOOD for Enterprise mobile app for email services. Alternatively, users can choose to not use email on their personal device and wait for Apple to provide an update to address this bug.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 4:40 AM

There are no replies.

Why can I not use my iPhone and iPad to connect to email using Exchange ActiveSync?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.