Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does every iphone come with AppleCare? What does it cover?

I Bought my iphone 5 about two months ago, and I want to know if AppleCare will cover any damage. I think there's a one year warranty. What does it cover? I want to fix a couple of dents on the side of the phone. Is there a fee?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 7:07 AM

3 replies

Feb 19, 2013 7:51 AM in response to jbt_93

To expand on Diesel Vdub's response:

All apple products come with a 1 year limited hardware warranty, and 90 days of complimentary phone support.

AppleCare increases the 1 year limited hardware warranty to two years (from the date of purchase), and provides access to phone support for the same time. (The 2 years is specific to handheld devices).

AppleCare + gives the same benefits as AppleCare AND provides 2 instances of accidental damage replacement at a discounted rate.

AppleCare+ has to be purchased within 30 days of device purchase.

AppleCare can be purchased anytime in the first year (essentially, while you still have limited warranty).

Feb 19, 2013 7:58 AM in response to jbt_93

The base one year warranty covers defaults in materials and assembly only. The warranty does not cover accidental damage, abuse, or cosmetic damage from normal use.

AppleCare+ extends that base warranty by an additional year. The two accidental damage claims each cost $49 per claim as well. AppleCare+ must be purchased within 30 days of purchasing the iPhone.

Base iPhone warranty info:

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipho ne

AppleCare+

http://www.apple.com/support/products/

Does every iphone come with AppleCare? What does it cover?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.