I got a 13 inch MacBook Air 1.8ghz core i7 running OS X 10.8.2 and a 27'' thunderbolt display for 1 year +.
The problem started a month ago when my computer went sleep and the thunderbolt display didn't wake up. After a few reboots on different days the display came back and I disabled the sleep option on my mac.
Now the problem is happening when I power on my mac, once in a while the display don't turn on as well.
From what I read on other topics, I've tried all the following but it didn't fixed my problem.
- Rebooting several times
- Plugging out and in the display power cord
- Disconnecting a reconnecting all cables
- Reseting the NVRAM / PRAM
- Unchecking the "Adjust Brightness Automatically"
- Deleting the file com.apple.PowerManagement.plist and rebooting
- Turning off the mac and unplugging the display for 5min + and than turning on
There are days the display turn on normally and some others I can't get it turned on. For the past two days it was working fine and today not. I know it may work tomorrow or the day after, been acting like that for 1 month!
Any other tips or ideas on how to solve my problem?
No one to comment on this? It's getting really frustating and my display is no longer on the warranty. Anyway, I don't think replacing would fix my problem as I saw other similar threads where it didn't worked for the others.