Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo editing software

Hi,

I specifically switched from pc to mac in order to be able to work with photos... Does iPhoto work somewhat as good as Photoshop? Or is there another software that you might suggest? Photoshop is pretty pricey - I am far from a professional..Really just starting out - know how to do quite a few things in Photoshop... I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:12 AM

3 replies

Feb 19, 2013 10:46 AM in response to jsaba711

It depends on what type of editing you need to do. iPhoto does a pretty good job of the more common edits, cropping, red eye removal and blemish removal.

Photoshop Elements for Mac is an excellent 3rd party editor for Mac and can be used within iPhoto as an the external editor. It has about 70-80% of the capability of Photoshop at about 12% of the price (based on Amazon.com offerings).

Thesen are examples of the advanced editing that can be done with PSE:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Do some testing on test phiotos to see if iPhoto will suit your needs. If not give PSE a try or other 3rd party editors. Go to MacUpdate.com and search for "photo edit" for other potential candidates.

OT

photo editing software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.