Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to activate mobile account

Hi, I am in a dead end.

I am trying to settup mobile account on 10.8 Server, with 10.8 clients.

So far, I got my Open Directory seted up server.name.private

I created a new user in the Users tab, named test

The Home Folder is setted up for my Homes folder, which is on a secondary hard drive.

This file is shared with File Sharing, and have read/write permission for the group of my user.

If I check the folder permission in the Finder, it is strange, but I don't know how to clean them. Each group is there two times, and they have Custom privilege

With Workgroup Manager, I selected my user, went to the Preferences tab, and setted up the Mobility section.

The options for Account Creation are Manage: Always, Account Expiry are Manage: Never and under Rules, Home Sync, I selected Once.

On the client side, I activated the mobile account option, and entered the Open Directory adress.

And when I log in, I put my info test/password, and the message You are unable to log in to the user account "test" at this time. Logging in to the account failed because an error occured.

And here is the log from the server

CFPreferences: user home directory for user kCFPreferencesCurrentUser at /var/teamsserver is unavailable. User domains will be volatile

Does someone have a clue for me?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 10:09 AM

There are no replies.

Unable to activate mobile account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.