Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs cut off when played on my Apple TV after about 2 min. Started happening last night. Never a problem before. Happens on on existing song list as well as new downloads

I enjoy playing music through Apple tv because of sound system I have. However, today songs are cutting off after about 2 minutes of play. I downloaded about 20 new songs last night, but this 2 min cutoff happens with all songs, old and new. A video I downloaded last night played perfectly. What should I try? I use the Home Sharing. Ideas?

Apple TV, Incomplete song play

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 11:20 AM

2 replies

Feb 19, 2013 11:22 AM in response to Jayveethree

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Intermittent problems are often a result of interference. Interference can be caused by other networks in the neighbourhood or from household electrical items.

You can download and install iStumbler (NetStumbler for windows users) to help you see which channels are used by neighbouring networks so that you can avoid them, but iStumbler will not see household items.

Refer to your router manual for instructions on changing your wifi channel or adjusting your multicast rate.

There are other types of problems that can affect networks, but this is by far the most common, hence worth mentioning first. Networks that have inherent issues can be seen to work differently with different versions of the same software. You might also try moving the Apple TV away from other electrical equipment.

Songs cut off when played on my Apple TV after about 2 min. Started happening last night. Never a problem before. Happens on on existing song list as well as new downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.