Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have deleted all messages (size deleted 4.6GB) but the storage remains full, blocking the use of my icloud email. How to get my rightful free space back so that I can start using icloud mail again??

I was informed by Apple that my 5GB space was full. 4.6 MB of that is due to email backup.

I have deleted on icloud.com all my emails from my account, in theory only having some 200 MB back up from my phnes.

But while I have no emails any more in my icloud mailbox (except some VIP for 300MB), I still have the message on all my devices saying that I have no more free space and that my email account (icloud,com) is no longer working.

So my account is blocked althouguh I have the space available.

Please advice how to obtain my free space and make sure that my icloud back up is again available, and asap

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 2:46 PM

3 replies

Aug 7, 2013 10:54 AM in response to Eddy-Morocco

The problem could be that you don't have enough storage on the device itself, not on iCloud. Go to Settings>General>Usage to see how much "Storage" you have available on the device. Farther down the list is the available storage on iCloud.

Also check:

Go to Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backups>Manage Storage; there, tap the device you need info on and the resulting screen lists Backup Options with which apps store data on iCloud as well. Tap Show All Apps to get the complete list of apps and MB used for backup storage.

A device needs many MB of storage in order to perform a backup to iCloud.

Also see: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4847`

I have deleted all messages (size deleted 4.6GB) but the storage remains full, blocking the use of my icloud email. How to get my rightful free space back so that I can start using icloud mail again??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.