Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this VPN for? Cause I signed up for facebok telephone ? I have a MacBookPro Lion. Iphone 4 and iPad 2 HOW DO I SORT MY VPN CONFIGURATIONS. WHAT IS IT FOR EXACTLY?AND WHO IS 'THE ADMINISTRATOR' OF MY VPN ?

What is this VPN for? Cause I signed up for facebok telephone ? I have a MacBookPro Lion. Iphone 4 and iPad 2 HOW DO I SORT MY VPN CONFIGURATIONS. WHAT IS IT FOR EXACTLY?AND WHO IS 'THE ADMINISTRATOR' OF MY VPN ? WHY IS JUST now appearing ?
Thanxs anyone ?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 6:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 19, 2013 6:32 PM in response to arifromnyc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vpn

A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network and the resources contained in the network across public networks like the Internet. It enables a host computer to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if it were a private network with all the functionality, security and management policies of the private network.[1] This is done by establishing a virtual point-to-point connection through the use of dedicated connections, encryption, or a combination of the two.

The VPN connection across the Internet is technically a wide area network (WAN) link between the sites but appears to the user as a private network link—hence the name "virtual private network".[2]

What is this VPN for? Cause I signed up for facebok telephone ? I have a MacBookPro Lion. Iphone 4 and iPad 2 HOW DO I SORT MY VPN CONFIGURATIONS. WHAT IS IT FOR EXACTLY?AND WHO IS 'THE ADMINISTRATOR' OF MY VPN ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.