Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I export iCloud calendar to Google Calendar?

My personal agenda is saved on Google Calendar and my office agenda in saved on iCloud Calendar.

So I have to open to pages at the same time every day to manage my commitments: www.icloud.com and calendar.google.com

I cant stand this situation anymore. It is making my day improductive.

I just want to merge the agendad into Google Calendar, so I could see all my events in just one calendar.

So, how do I export iCloud calendar to Google Calendar?

HP Pavilion, iPhone OS 1.x

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 7:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 8:12 PM

You can back up your iCloud calendar as an ICS file if Google can import this format. To do so follow these directions:

iCloud.com Calendar

This method of backing up starts with publishing a calendar that you can then download to your computer. If your calendar is already on your computer, skip to the OS X or Windows instructions.

1. Go to iCloud Calendar at icloud.com/calendar and sign in using your iCloud Apple ID and password.
  2. Publicly share a calendar.
  3. Select and copy the URL (web address) from that shared calendar, and paste it to the address field in your browser; do not press Enter or Return yet.
  4. Change "webcal" to "http", and then press Enter.
  5. An ICS file will download to your default downloads location. The calendar can be added to a calendar client like iCal on Mac or Outlook on a Windows PC.
  6. Once the download completes, unpublish the shared calendar.

From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4910.

24 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2013 8:12 PM in response to lterreri

You can back up your iCloud calendar as an ICS file if Google can import this format. To do so follow these directions:

iCloud.com Calendar

This method of backing up starts with publishing a calendar that you can then download to your computer. If your calendar is already on your computer, skip to the OS X or Windows instructions.

1. Go to iCloud Calendar at icloud.com/calendar and sign in using your iCloud Apple ID and password.
  2. Publicly share a calendar.
  3. Select and copy the URL (web address) from that shared calendar, and paste it to the address field in your browser; do not press Enter or Return yet.
  4. Change "webcal" to "http", and then press Enter.
  5. An ICS file will download to your default downloads location. The calendar can be added to a calendar client like iCal on Mac or Outlook on a Windows PC.
  6. Once the download completes, unpublish the shared calendar.

From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4910.

Feb 19, 2013 8:33 PM in response to lterreri

The solution I proposed was to export your iCloud calendar in a format that would allow you to then import it to your Google calendar, so they would be merged on Google (which I thought was what you wanted to do).

You can't manage an iCloud calendar from Google, or vice versa. If you maintain these separately, you're stuck using two different screens, as you do now.

May 9, 2013 6:54 AM in response to lterreri

You CAN manage Google calendars from the Apple apps on Mac and iOS, but you cannot manage iCloud calendars from Google's calendar. My solution was to create a new Google Calendar and import the iCloud calendar into this new Google Calendar as stated above, and then to use Google Calendar from now on. You can still use the Mac and iOS calendar apps Apple provides just like before, but by keeping your calendars on Google's service you can use, edit, manage them on any device with any app.

Jul 7, 2013 5:51 PM in response to northwinns

northwinns is correct. In regards to most things, Google makes their software and platforms available on Apple hardware, however Apple does not allow their products to work with competing hardware or platforms. This is because of their very different business models and corporate ethos. All these big companies have things they want to keep to themselves, Google tends to be more open (unless its about search algorithms or ads) because they consider all internet users as their customers basically. Apple considers purchasers of Apple hardware their customers and cultivates a very powerful relationship with them.

Apple at least supports the .ics standard for calendars and .vcf for contacts, however not in the most easy or user-friendly manner. Thanks for figuring this one out randers4!

Yes, there are iTunes and iCloud software for Windows, because without those they would severely limit the reach of iOS. They once also tried making Safari for other platforms but decided to not bother anymore.

Apr 2, 2014 12:45 AM in response to lterreri

Although there exists methods of exporting and importing, why not do a cloud to cloud direct copy (caldav) with this tool: EVO Collaborator for Outlook, after setting up one icloud and one google profiles in it, you can then click its 'browse caldav' button, and select the google profile and select all events(appointments) you want to copy and then simply click a C2C cloud to cloud copy and select icloud as destination to do a direct air to air copy.

Jul 25, 2014 9:37 PM in response to lterreri

I found a great solution to this using an app I already owned. Because I need to work frequently with Google calendars, a long time ago I purchased BusyCal (http://www.busymac.com/busycal/), they also have a 30-day trial where you can use this trick.

• Download BusyCal.
  • In the Preferences for BusyCal, add both your iCloud calendar and your Google calendar. Save and let both sync.
  • Once synced, click on the iCloud calendar in the sidebar, then use File > Export... to export to an ICS file.
  • After exporting, use File > Import... and select the ICS file you just created. Select the radio button to use an Existing calendar, and select your Google calendar.
  • All calendars are now imported into the Google calendar, and BusyCal will sync that upstream back into Google.
  • You're now done with BusyCal (or not if you like it. 🙂) and can uninstall it.

How do I export iCloud calendar to Google Calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.