Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Packet filtering

Hello!

I'm here mainly to have a question answered and see what discussion may come from it. I bit of a background - I'm looking to make an iOS application that can monitor incoming/outgoing network traffic by packet inspection. My question is simply: is this possible? I've read on various forums about people attemping something similar with no success, however, I figured I'd give Apple forums a shot before I called this a total dud. I should also mention that this app must run on it's own; that is, without another device assisting. For example, I know there are a few nifty apps one could download and install on his or her mac to act as a proxy for any particular device and just track traffic through the proxy. I do not want to take this approach. My question is about whether an app can do this on it's own.

I am aware that the iPad has the VPN capabilites built in natively and that the iPhone does not. Are there any libraries or an API I should take a look at to get a start on this?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:30 PM

1 reply

iOS Packet filtering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.