Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Publishing with Images

Does Apple Quality Control require camera properties in the Exif record for every image that is in a book created by iBooks Author before it will publish that book or does it not matter whether the image has camera properties or not? Ant..

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 9:21 PM

20 replies

Feb 20, 2013 12:30 PM in response to K T

Thanks for the prompt response I thought that they were a bit sensitive to copyright, publisher entitlements and that you had approval from the copyright holder. Notwithstanding your response me thinks that its probably a good idea to have copyright in the Exif file agreeing with the attribution in the caption of the image. Cheers Ant..

Feb 20, 2013 12:58 PM in response to adnixon

Is that what's this about? Copyrights? Respecting other's or protecting yours?

Best to test yourself to see if the meta/exif data you add to a given image is present in the final .ibooks file, I think.

As well, if it's your assets you're trying to protect, you may want to consider watermarking instead of something that can be stripped easily, etc.

Feb 20, 2013 1:01 PM in response to K T

Protection is for the party that holds the copyright. Some of the images are mine and some I have been given written permission by the copyright holder to publish commercially in the iTunes Bookstore.

I have performed a due diligence process which included checking that the Exif file to establish if they could claim to entitlement this included 'Camera ID, creation Date, Time, Place, Author, Copyright Xchecked with the event date time place etc.

The meta data in the Exif file will agree with the attribution in the caption. Ant..

Feb 20, 2013 2:30 PM in response to adnixon

An .ibooks file is just an archive/zip.

Make a test book you don't mind playing with, etc. that has a few sample images with your added EXIF data, then Share/Export to where you can locate in the Finder, then change the file name suffix from .ibooks to .zip - when done, double click to expand, then poke around in the expanded folders to locate your images....check them to see if your added meta data is still there.

Publishing with Images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.