Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with iPad?

Hi

I'm having problems with the ipad4 which I got at Christmas, including:

It keeps freezing - this is the second time I've tried to post this message as it locked on me a few minutes ago!! I have to reboot at least twice a day. Just before it freezes, the screen crackles or goes completely grey and then it just locks.

The keyboard doesn't always work - some keys don't depress

The headphone jack doesn't work

I've tried a system reset as advised by PC World, but nothing changed. I've downloaded new apps in case there was a bug in there.

Is this normal? If it is, I'm not I pressed so far with the iPad!!!

Any suggestions?

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 1:14 AM

Apple is one of the top vendors for customer service. Your iPad is well within the 90 day period for phone-in customer service, and of course, is still covered by the warranty. Call Apple Care, or just go to your nearest Apple Store, and have them sort it out with a replacement. There's no need for you to go through all of this.

I don't know what the failure rate of iPads is, but even if it's only 0.01%, that means several thousand could have issues. Yours does. Just go let the experts fix it properly or replace it (which is what they'll probably do). You'll be much happier.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2013 1:14 AM in response to Clarabell1974

Apple is one of the top vendors for customer service. Your iPad is well within the 90 day period for phone-in customer service, and of course, is still covered by the warranty. Call Apple Care, or just go to your nearest Apple Store, and have them sort it out with a replacement. There's no need for you to go through all of this.

I don't know what the failure rate of iPads is, but even if it's only 0.01%, that means several thousand could have issues. Yours does. Just go let the experts fix it properly or replace it (which is what they'll probably do). You'll be much happier.

Problems with iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.