Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workaround for tethered shooting with Canon 6D

I know Aperture doesn't support the 6D yet, but if I tether and shoot using the Canon EOS Utility, and specifiy Aperture as the linked software in the Preferences, each shot is imported into Aperture.

The only problem is each image starts a new Project. Does anyone know how to import all the images into the same project?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.8GHz i5 iMac, 12GB Ram

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 6:45 AM

I don't know. Does the Canon EOS Utility allow you to specify an Aperture Project?

For Sony cameras (none of which are supported for tethering), what works is to export from the Sony tethering software (which controls the camera and outputs the photo file) into a Finder folder that has an Automator Folder Action attached. (The Folder Action is simple: take this file, import it into the specified Aperture Project, and then delete it.) I keep a Project in my Libraries called "_Hot Imports", and have the Folder Action directed to it.

This post is likely to be helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2013 6:45 AM in response to Bill Bishop

I don't know. Does the Canon EOS Utility allow you to specify an Aperture Project?

For Sony cameras (none of which are supported for tethering), what works is to export from the Sony tethering software (which controls the camera and outputs the photo file) into a Finder folder that has an Automator Folder Action attached. (The Folder Action is simple: take this file, import it into the specified Aperture Project, and then delete it.) I keep a Project in my Libraries called "_Hot Imports", and have the Folder Action directed to it.

This post is likely to be helpful.

Workaround for tethered shooting with Canon 6D

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.