Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does the image not open in Elements when I opt for Edit in Photoshop Elements 11 from the Photos tab in Aperture?

With an image in Aperture, when I got Photos one of the options offered is "Edit in Elements Photoshop 11", but although selecting this opens Elements, there is no image and it is necessary to open the image in the normal way from within Elements. Other plugins, e.g. from Topaz work superbly from within Aperture. I am puzzled to know the reason, and in particular if there is any setting in either Aperture of Elements that need to be attended to. I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

Barry Willcock

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:54 AM

When you setup Elements as the external editor did you select the alias or the app itself.

Have a look at the More like this box on the right. This is covered in a number of posts.

regards

5 replies

Feb 20, 2013 8:43 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hi Frank, and many thanks. I can now get the picture into Elements, and work on it. However, when I have finished, I save it (giving it another name that I can recognise if the amendments are slight) it puts the file back into the same folder, but I have then to import it into the Aperture library in order to see it back in Aperture. Not a big problem, but an interesting one.

Again, many thanks

Barry

Feb 20, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Ainsworth2

I've tried both ways, with the same result. With save, Elements puts a number in the file name if there has been any amendment made, and save as produces a file that. although you give it the same name as the original, is not recognised by the Aperture library. I carry on experimenting and if I find a way of doing it I'll post it up here. But many thanks for the suggestion

Barry

Why does the image not open in Elements when I opt for Edit in Photoshop Elements 11 from the Photos tab in Aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.