Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LCD 20" Cinema Display Not Working on MBP

Hi people!

Somehow, the Apple Cinema Display (LCD) of 20" isn't working when I plug it to the MBP (late 2011). The monitor remains black after pluging it. Sometimes is detected by the MBP, and sometimes it isn't. Quite random thing. Same hapens when I'm in Windows, through Bootcamp. The weird thing is that I've never had this problem before and it was like being each time more often that the monitor isn't detected. Nowadays, it seems that it won't work. However, the minidisplay port is okay, as well, the monitor.

I use the monitor for work, so this is delaying my work each time more. Please, I need a solution for this since my physical existence depends on this.

Thanks,

Ø3 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 8 GB RAM ATI 7770 HD 1 GB DDR5

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 5:56 AM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2013 8:20 AM in response to Quantum3

UPDATE:

When I plug the external monitor into the MBP, the MBP automatically switches to the discrete graphic card, but the external monitor keeps black and also, the mouse pointer doesn't move to the second monitor, like if it wasn't really detected, even if the MBP automatically switches to the discrete graphic card.

Please, I need help with this.

Thanks,

Ø3 🙂

LCD 20" Cinema Display Not Working on MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.