Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync JUST movies ... ?

😕

Okay, so I've got a Mac Mini on my desktop, which is my primary source. I have a MacBook Air, which I take around with me. I have an iPod Classic, for my toons.

😠

My iPod syncs with my Mini for iTunes, but I have some movies on my Air that I want to sync across to my iPod. How do I do this without the Air syncing everything else with the iPod? That is, leaving the music well alone - just the movies.

😢

Thank you!

😀

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 7:10 AM

Set the iPod for manual management.

Managing content manually on iPod

Then you should be able to connect the iPod to the two computers and drag over the content you want.

Note (to avoid confusing anyone that may be reading) that this is possible only with an iPod classic; you cannot have content from more than a single iTunes library on any iOS device.

Regards.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2013 7:10 AM in response to matthewfromuntereraegeri

Set the iPod for manual management.

Managing content manually on iPod

Then you should be able to connect the iPod to the two computers and drag over the content you want.

Note (to avoid confusing anyone that may be reading) that this is possible only with an iPod classic; you cannot have content from more than a single iTunes library on any iOS device.

Regards.

Feb 20, 2013 7:57 AM in response to matthewfromuntereraegeri

Yes, a video for an iPod classic has to be in the correct format. If these videos are from the iTunes Store, you need the SD version, not the HD version which would work on a recent iPad or MBA but not on an iPod classic. Ifthe videos are from another source, try the "create iPod or iPhone version" command under File/Create New Version.

Regards.

Feb 20, 2013 9:46 AM in response to matthewfromuntereraegeri

The price/storage ratio of the iPod touch isn't that bad any more. The iPod classic at 160GB is US $249 whereas a refurbished 64GB iPod touch is US $279. Yes, the classic will hold more, but the touch has a lot more capability, including making presentations, showing games and eductional apps, etc. and still has decent capacity. That's the basic tradeoff, though; raw storage vs functionality. Which will work best in your situation is something only you can decide.

Anyway, happy to have been of help.

Regards.

Sync JUST movies ... ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.