Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

converting my sequence on final cut into a web friendly upload

i have a 15 minute sequence in high definition on my final cut studio that I would like to upload to you tube. Can someone tell me the easiest way to do this?

I tried exporting-quicktime movie..which gives me a nice quicktime file that I can open and watch....but when I upload that file to you tube, it tells me its uploaded and actually tells me the movie is 15 minutes long, but there is no video and no audio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 9:15 AM

Export a QuickTime movie of you finished timeline, as a self-contained movie (File > Export > QuickTime Movie . . ., check Make Movie Self-Contained).

Take that exported movie into Compressor, and choose the YouTube Sharing pre-set. This pre-set is set to the specs YouTube is looking for.

User uploaded file

When done, up load your compressed movie to YouTube.

MtD

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2013 9:15 AM in response to gbog2000

Export a QuickTime movie of you finished timeline, as a self-contained movie (File > Export > QuickTime Movie . . ., check Make Movie Self-Contained).

Take that exported movie into Compressor, and choose the YouTube Sharing pre-set. This pre-set is set to the specs YouTube is looking for.

User uploaded file

When done, up load your compressed movie to YouTube.

MtD

Feb 20, 2013 9:22 AM in response to gbog2000

The easiest, best and most reliable way is to export a Quick Time File current settings and bring that into Compressor. Use Compressor's You Tube Sharing preset for the encoding job. Then use the YT uploader.There is also a YouTube template that will take care of the uploading – but not as reliable.)

Russ

converting my sequence on final cut into a web friendly upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.