Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Export a Pages Doc to Word

For a week now, anytime i try to email a doc created in Pages, the option to convert it to a Word doc doesn't work. I can send it as a Pages doc, I can send it as a PDF doc. But when I click the option to send it as a Word doc, the Pages app crashes. Any update in the works to solve this?

iOS 6

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:54 AM

This is a user-to-user forum hosted by Apple. No one here knows Apple's plans.

If you want your bug report to get to Apple send it to them at:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Have you tried terminating Pages and restarting it or restarting or resetting your iPad?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after the iPad shuts down, then press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds). Ignore the "Slide to power off"

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2013 8:54 AM in response to TomGoodman

This is a user-to-user forum hosted by Apple. No one here knows Apple's plans.

If you want your bug report to get to Apple send it to them at:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Have you tried terminating Pages and restarting it or restarting or resetting your iPad?

Restart: Press On/Off button until the Slide to Power Off slider appears, select Slide to Power Off and, after the iPad shuts down, then press the On/Off button until the Apple logo appears.

Reset: Press the Home and On/Off buttons at the same time and hold them until the Apple logo appears (about 10 seconds). Ignore the "Slide to power off"

Sep 24, 2016 9:01 AM in response to TomGoodman

Yes there is something you can do to help yourself.

Start from a Template. Save as .docx, then in Finder open that file in Pages - it should open and look the same. Close the .docx. If all went well edit the Template, and as you go keep exporting / importing to check it is still working.

If you check microsoft's advice how to export to .pages they give the same advice (from word templates).

Your document format is what is causing the problem - the converter is tripping over something.

I am new to these versions myself and have some spacing (layout) issues I'm unsure how are best handle.

> no one knows it's plans

Except me and others, from years of coding, we dont need to see the plans to know what they do.

The plan is not to crash. However Pages and Word frequently change, their format does as well, and it's continually a problem for programmers to bridge the two. It's been a problem since the 1980's for both so it's nothing new.

There are things one editor supports the other doesn't (avoid these) - however crashes often occur when converting fonts to fit the converted spaces, because any small mistake with a font causes a crash. Start with font Arial, Times, Courier (ones that both have). Advance to others when your preening your final cut.

Can't Export a Pages Doc to Word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.