Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bringing MacBook Pro Mid-2012 13-inch and iPod Touch 4g to Russia

I am going to Russia next week and I would like to charge my macbook pro and ipod touch 4g. After some research i found russian outlets emit 220-240v and my macbook can take up to 240v. If i use a plain european to american outlet converter, will i be able to charge my laptop without frying it? I also couldn't find the max input for my ipod, but i am guessing it is 240v. Is that right? If I want to charge other electronics, will i just need to make sure it can handle 240v?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 10:02 AM

The Apple chargers are all universal, will work with 100-240 volts at 5-60 Hz. All you need is a plug adapter to make the American plug fit the European or other country socket.

That is true for the MacBook Pro, iPod, iPad and iPhone chargers.

Most international airports also carry the plug adapters, or you can check Radio Shack in the US before leaving.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2013 10:02 AM in response to sks112

The Apple chargers are all universal, will work with 100-240 volts at 5-60 Hz. All you need is a plug adapter to make the American plug fit the European or other country socket.

That is true for the MacBook Pro, iPod, iPad and iPhone chargers.

Most international airports also carry the plug adapters, or you can check Radio Shack in the US before leaving.

Feb 20, 2013 10:08 AM in response to sks112

Most modern computers, cameras, and smart phones have built-in, automatic converters. If the power block (the little black box that you plug your electronic device into and then plug into the wall) indicates it can handle an input of 100-240V, or if the equipment or power block is stamped with the symbol "CCC," then it will work anywhere SRAS offers programs so long as you have a plug adapterUser uploaded file. an adapter with a fuse - which is highly recommended. Apple travel adaptors will cover you as you travel and should have no problems. If you use another adapter, make sure it indicates that it will work in Central/Eastern European areas and, if it does not already contain a fuse, purchase a separate surge protectorUser uploaded file.

If your electronic device does not indicate this symbol or this input range, you will likely need a full voltage converter. However, you should check and double check the device's requirements. Plugging an unequipped device into a foreign power source will damage it, often irreparably. Likewise, plugging your a device that is equipped with a voltage converter into a separate voltage converter creates a fire hazard and can also damage your device, sometimes irreparably. If you have any doubt, contact the device manufacturer and ask what you should do.

Bringing MacBook Pro Mid-2012 13-inch and iPod Touch 4g to Russia

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.