Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6.1.2 Battery usage got worse!

I didn't have any problems with battery usage with 6.1.1 and loaded 6.1.2 and it's having the now infamous battery drain issue and running hot.

iPhone 4S.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 10:05 AM

28 replies

Feb 20, 2013 12:18 PM in response to jlparrotte

I am going to make it as brief as possible my 1 month experience with my brand new Iphone 5

-Januarry 11 - I purchase the Iphone 5

-First day the phone battery lasted on stand by for more than 24 hours

-Second day, I upgraded the software for IOS 6.1

-Battery issies begun. Battery on stand by last 4 - 6 hours

-I took the Iphone to Apple Store, they say everything is OK, that I had too many apps or that I should have make the restoration process from "New Iphone" instead backing up.

-I do the New Iphone thing and the battery now lasts more than 24 hours on Stand By

-Then Comes 6.1.1

-Battery drain problems are back

-Restoring the Iphone as NEW does not works this time. I have to charge 3 times a day my Iphone 5

-Yesterday 6.1.2 addressing to fix this bug

-I do the upgrade. Worst than before, battery drains 10% in 10 Minutes in Stand by!!

-I cant make the battery to fully charge to 100%, no matter how long I plug it, even overnight, after 8 hours, I was expecting a 100% charge, but it was at 97%!!!! With all apps closed, WIFI and Bluetooth OFF

-I do the whole restoring process from NEW again. - NOTHING!! - It has been only 3 hours since i Umppluged it and now I have 33% and thats because I charge it on my car on my way to Work, about 30 minutes.

-6.1.2 its even worst that 6.1.1

WTFF!!!!!!! IS APPLE DOOMED?

Feb 22, 2013 1:47 PM in response to jlparrotte

I also have same problem. My iphone 4S has never had battery drain issues and only ran hot a couple of times when using GPS. Installed 6.1.2 and now the battery dies in under 2 hrs whilst doing nothing and runs so hot I could feel it through my bag. Tried resetting network settings and it made no diff, and I don't use icloud so thats not it either. Do apple techs read these pages and reply?

Feb 23, 2013 10:39 AM in response to jlparrotte

Outrageously poor regression testing Apple - shame on you Apple QA.

After upgrading to 6.1 my battery life reduced by 30% and the battery heated up as if I was streaming videos. I disabled my exchange account, rebooting my phone and ensuring I didn't have any apps running in the background. No changes.

I then upgraded to 6.1.2 (latest)

I recharged my phone (in off position) over night. I rebooted the phone 1st thing in the morning (100%) and 1.5 hours later I had 43% battery life.

What the heck is going on?

Feb 23, 2013 10:44 AM in response to Freelia

Freelia wrote:

I also have same problem. My iphone 4S has never had battery drain issues and only ran hot a couple of times when using GPS. Installed 6.1.2 and now the battery dies in under 2 hrs whilst doing nothing and runs so hot I could feel it through my bag. Tried resetting network settings and it made no diff, and I don't use icloud so thats not it either. Do apple techs read these pages and reply?

No Apple do not

this is users only on the forum

6.1.2 Battery usage got worse!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.