Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV randomly stopped connecting to my computer using Home Sharing. Have tried all troubleshooting options yet nothing works.

My Apple TV stopped connecting through home sharing. I have made sure that my firewall isn't blocking it, restarted my modem/router, all software is up to date ect. I've searched numerous message boards trying to find a solution but have come up empty handed. It seems like after I updated to the latest software is when it stopped working, because I had no problems beforehand.

AppleTV 2, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 10:07 AM

6 replies

Mar 30, 2013 11:51 AM in response to LAsharpe

Just got off the phone with support and this fixed my problem...I also had to do a restart of my PC (not in the instructions below). I guess Microsoft added a new protocol or something which caused it to stop working recently (month or two).

First, make sure that the Bonjour service is running on your computer. You can check this by going to Edit > Preferences within iTunes and selecting the Sharing tab. This tab should display sharing options if the Bonjour service is running. Otherwise it will tell you that the Bonjour service is not running. To enable the Bonjour service in Windows 7, follow these steps. 1. Right-click Computer and select Manage. 2. Select Services and Applications > Services. 3. Double-click the Bonjour service, set the Startup type to Automatic. 4. Click Apply. 5. Click the Start button. 6. Close iTunes if it is open, then restart it. If the Bonjour service isn’t your problem, you may have a problem with iTunes trying to route sharing traffic using IP6 instead of IP4. Try these steps in Windows. 1. Open Control Panel. 2. Choose Network and Internet. 3. Select the View network status and tasks under the Network and Sharing Center section. 4. Choose your active network connection. It’s usually named “Wireless Network Connection 1 or something similar. 5. Click the Properties button. 6. If Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is checked, uncheck it, then click OK. 7. Click Close. 8. Restart iTunes and try to use the Home Sharing feature again.

Apple TV randomly stopped connecting to my computer using Home Sharing. Have tried all troubleshooting options yet nothing works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.