Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double-Sided vs Single-Sided

I'm having a brain fart here but what exactly is the difference between the Double-Sided large book and the Single-Sided large book?

PowerMac G5 1.6Ghz, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on May 15, 2006 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2006 12:09 AM

Double-sided means that there are photos printed on both sides of the page. On single-sided books images are printed only on one side of the page (the back side is left blank).
4 replies

May 17, 2006 2:25 PM in response to Anastassios T

Double-sided means that there are photos printed on
both sides of the page. On single-sided books images
are printed only on one side of the page (the back
side is left blank).

I still don't understand what Apple is trying to tell us with the description of Large (Single-sided) books. In particular:

1 - "pages (max) 10 Double-sided (100)" [same as Double-sided books] - Why are there double-sided pages in single-sided books??

2 - "additional pages $1.49 per page" - Why do additional pages in a single-sided book cost $0.50 more than those in a double-sided book?

PowerMac G5 2 x 2.3 GHz Mac OS X (10.4.6)

May 17, 2006 9:18 PM in response to Stephen Wandzura1

I still don't understand what Apple is trying to tell

us with the description of Large (Single-sided)
books. In particular:

1 - "pages (max) 10 Double-sided (100)" [same as
Double-sided books] - Why are there double-sided
pages in single-sided books??

2 - "additional pages $1.49 per page" - Why do
additional pages in a single-sided book cost $0.50
more than those in a double-sided book?

PowerMac G5 2 x 2.3 GHz Mac OS
X (10.4.6)

I had the same thought as well. Just cannot seem to make sense on the pricing, let alone advantages of double-sided versus single-sided having the ability to get more pictures in them. What I'd like to know is what exactly is the benefit of having single-sided pages, and like you mentioned why would that cost $0.50 more than that of double-sided book.

May 17, 2006 9:24 PM in response to Cal Bouton

OK - I think I figured out

2 - "additional pages $1.49 per page" - Why do
additional pages in a single-sided book cost $0.50
more than those in a double-sided book?

It's because "page" in a double-sided book means ONE side of a "sheet" (what we usually call pages). So two "pages" in a single-sided book is two sheets of paper, while two "pages" in a double-sided book is one sheet of paper. Maybe it would have been less confusing if they used the word "side" (or "printed side") instead of page.

#1 is still a mystery to me, though.

PowerMac G5 2 x 2.3 GHz Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Double-Sided vs Single-Sided

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.