Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed win7 installation, black screen on boot

I have an Imac, about 4 years old, 2ghz core 2 duo.

Last night i attempted to install a copy on windows 7 in bootcamp. I created an install DVD, succesfully created a partition and got about 1/3 way through the installation when it failed. I tried twice then shut down the computer. Today i started the imac, boot sound worked, then after white screen for a few seconds, black screen with a flashing white - in the top left, like dos. I'm unable to type anything.

I've tried booting in safe mode, selecting boot device etc, but nothing. the only thing i've been able to do is eject the windows disk by holding f12.

I'm using a logitech wireleskeyboard and mouse if that matters.

I have also tried creating a bootable usb drive with mountain lion,but as i cant get to the boot menu, it's no use.

I've got all my dada backed up externally so i dont mind having to freshly install if that's an issue.

any ideas? thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 11:37 AM

There are no replies.

Failed win7 installation, black screen on boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.